Serving our neighbors in Venice, Englewood, North Port, Laurel, Nokomis and Osprey.
Please take a moment to watch "Ten Reasons To Give" @ http://studio.unitedway.org/10reasons/
OUR FUNDING FOCUS IS ON PROGRAMS THAT INVEST AND IMPACT OUR SOUTH COUNTY CHILDREN, ADULTS AND SENIORS IN NEED:
1. COMMUNITY INVESTMENTS
- Health & Well Being of Special Needs Adults & Children
- Strengthening Individuals, Families & Children
- Crisis Intervention for Children & Adults
- Assisting the Elderly
2. COMMUNITY IMPACT
- Education - to help achieve school readiness for preschool children through academic, productive and engaging programs that prepares them for Kindergarten and gives them the foundation for future learning successes.
- Income - to promote financial stability, savings and independence through programs that promote financial literacy and the increased income potential an education or trade can bring.
- Health - to help improve healthy lifestyles choices, decrease risky behaviors, and basic health care needs.
UNITED WAY OF SOUTH SARASOTA COUNTY MISSION:
To increase the organized capacity of South Sarasota County neighbors to care for one another.
Our office is located in Building C at the Loveland Center, address is 157 Havana Road, Venice, FL 34292. Our phone number is 941-484-4811.
Now available: United Way Tervis Tumblers! Only $15 each. Support UWSSC by purchasing your tumbler - call our office 941-484-4811 to order.
Transparency is very important to our United Way. We keep costs extremely low to maximize your contribution and ensure a majority goes towards touching, changing and improving lives right here in our local community.
Community Campaign Kick Off Luncheon September 15th, 2016 11:30am to 1pm at Jacaranda West Country Club
Details coming soon.....