Serving our neighbors in Venice, Englewood, North Port, Laurel, Nokomis and Osprey.
Please take a moment to watch "Ten Reasons To Give" @ http://studio.unitedway.org/10reasons/
OUR FUNDING FOCUS IS ON PROGRAMS THAT INVEST AND IMPACT OUR SOUTH COUNTY CHILDREN, ADULTS AND SENIORS IN NEED:
1. COMMUNITY INVESTMENTS
- Health & Well Being of Special Needs Adults & Children
- Strengthening Individuals, Families & Children
- Crisis Intervention for Children & Adults
- Assisting the Elderly
2. COMMUNITY IMPACT
- Education - to help achieve school readiness for preschool children through academic, productive and engaging programs that prepares them for Kindergarten and gives them the foundation for future learning successes.
- Income - to promote financial stability, savings and independence through programs that promote financial literacy and the increased income potential an education or trade can bring.
- Health - to help improve healthy lifestyles choices, decrease risky behaviors, and basic health care needs.
UNITED WAY OF SOUTH SARASOTA COUNTY MISSION:
To increase the organized capacity of South Sarasota County neighbors to care for one another.
Our office is located in Building C at the Loveland Center, address is 157 Havana Road, Venice, FL 34292. Our phone number is 941-484-4811.
Now available: United Way Tervis Tumblers! Only $15 each. Support UWSSC by purchasing your tumbler - call our office 941-484-4811 to order.
Transparency is very important to our United Way. We keep costs extremely low to maximize your contribution and ensure a majority goes towards touching, changing and improving lives right here in our local community.
Fish United Way Day Saturday November 19th, 2016
FPL Cooling Pond, Parrish Florida
www.fishunitedway.org to register!!
Venice Community Walk
February 18th, 2016
Centennial Park Downtown Venice
North Port Community Walk
March 18th, 2017
City Hall Campus North Port
Community Investment Opportunities for 2016-2017